Cleaning Tips - South Carolina 843-236-5056
HORRY COUNTY: Garden City • Surfside Beach • Socastee • Myrtle Beach
North Myrtle Beach • Conway • Little River
GEORGETOWN COUNTY: Pawleys Island • Litchfield • Murrells Inlet
Cleaning Tips - North Carolina 910-579-9991
BRUNSWICK COUNTY: Calabash • Ocean Isle Beach • Sunset Beach • Shallotte
Carpet Cleaning - Tile Cleaning - Upholstery Cleaning - Mattress Cleaning - Air Duct Cleaning - Dryer Vent Cleaning - Water Restoration - Mold Remediation
A. Follow 1. Then apply dry cleaning solvent (available at a hardware store or the cleaning aisle of your supermarket). Follow instructions and precautions on container. Then follow 2-6.
B. Follow 1-3. Then apply solution of clear, white, nonsuds ammonia (2 tbs. to 1 qt. water). Blot with clean white cloth or paper towels. Repeat 3. Then 4-6.
C. Follow 1-4. Then apply solution of white vinegar (2 tbs. vinegar to 1 qt. water). Blot with clean white cloth or paper towels. Repeat 3. Then 4-6
D. Follow 1-3. Then apply solution of white vinegar (2 tbs. to 1 qt. water) and blot. Next apply solution of clear, white, nonsuds ammonia (2 tbs. to 1 qt. water) and blot. Repeat 3. Then 4-6.
E. Freeze area with ice cubes. Shatter solid mass with blunt instrument. Vacuum up pieces. Follow 3-6.
F. Test nail polish remover on an obscure non-visible section of carpet to see if it removes color. If not, apply remover and blot. Repeat if necessary.
G. Follow 1-4. If stain remains, apply dry cleaning solvent (follow instructions and precautions on container). Repeat 3 & 4. Then 5 & 6.
H. Vacuum thoroughly. If needed, follow 1-6. Note: if these procedures do not work for you, consult a carpet care professional.
Identify the source of the stain. Check the list below for stain type and its corresponding letter(s). All number relate to the steps under Basic Cleaning Instructions.
Basic Cleaning Instructions:
1. Using white absorbent cloth or paper towels blot up or scoop up as much of the spill
as possible. Never rub. Rubbing can alter the texture of the carpet.
2. Apply (without over-wetting) clean, warm (not hot) water to the stained area. Blot up firmly to remove as much moisture as possible. Repeat until there’s no stain or no further transfer of stain.
3. If stain remains on carpet, apply (without over-wetting) a solution of warm water and mild non-bleach liquid laundry detergent (1 teaspoon to 1 quart water). Clear, mild dishwashing liquid, without additives like hand softeners or scents, is also OK. Let stand for about 5 minutes.
4. IMPORTANT STEP: Blot up the detergent. Then, apply clear, warm water. Do not over wet. Blot up water. Once again apply clear, warm water. Blot up water. Repeat until all detergent is removed. Detergent residue accelerates resoiling!
5. Absorb remaining moisture with layers of white paper towels weighted down overnight with a non-staining glass or ceramic object.
6. When completely dry, vacuum or brush the pile to restore texture. After drying, if the stain reappears, it may be because some of the stain remained deep in the pile and “wick’d” up to the surface. If so, repeat steps 3 to 6. If the stain remains, give us a call.
4019 Belle Terre Boulevard
Myrtle Beach, SC 29579
Toll Free: 800-377-9611
Copyright © Healthy Home. All rights reserved.
Dryer Vent Cleaning
No-Slip Tile Application
MicroSeal Lifetime Protector
Allergy & Asthma Relief
Odor Removal Services
Hardwood Floor Cleaning
Upholstery & Furniture Cleaning
Water Damage Restoration
Flood Damage Restoration
Serving Horry, Georgetown & Brunswick
Tile & Grout Cleaning & Sealing
Area Rug Cleaning
Oriental Rug Cleaning
On-site Rug Spa
Mattress Cleaning & Sanitizing
Carpet Repair & Stretching
Air Duct Cleaning